Sunday, August 19, 2012

Not a Good Week

Hi all,

I've not had a good week this week. I didn't make the check-in on Wednesday because I was at the emergency room with my roommate. He hurt his back really bad. They sent him home with drugs, but I've been pretty much at his beck and call since then.

My only goal this go-round was to get this book organized. I'm using Story Engineering for that purpose, but it's taking me a bit of time to work through it all. I don't feel like I'm getting anything accomplished, even though technically I know I am. I'm just not seeing it.

Basically, it's been a week of the blahs. Anyone who checks out my emotional eating blog will get a glimpse of how I dealt (or didn't!) with that.

Here's looking forward to a better week next week.

Lara

4 comments:

Michael Roberts said...

Sorry for the tough week, and I hope your roommate gets feeling better!

The story planning / engineering phase can be frustrating, but the work pays off in a big way when it comes time to do the rest of the writing. Stick with it, and I hope this week goes much better!

Ruth Nestvold said...

Sorry to hear about your roommate and the blahs you've been going through! Maybe if you start counting your writing progress in the hours you've spent on the project? Might not feel as much like you aren't making any progress.

Hope this week is better than last!


Unknown said...

Sorry about the rough week. On the bright side, RoW80 is all about working around what life gives you, and it sounds like you're doing just that!

I have no doubt that you'll get back at it as soon as time allows, and in the meantime, we'll all be here cheering you on!

Hope you have a better week.

Kim Switzer said...

Sorry your week is rough. Give yourself some downtime and loads of compassion. Hang in there!