Wednesday, September 19, 2012

And So Ends Another Round...

Where in the world did the time go? And when are we going to start up again - I'm already planning my goals for the next round. (Oops! I just saw the start date in Kait's post. My bad.)

I started out slowly, but once I latched onto Story Engineering, I felt things begin to fall into place. Now that I have a procedure, it's going to be much easier for me to make visible progress. There are times when being a Capricorn and a Type-A personality is not a good thing...I'm such a perfectionist sometimes it's hard to get where I need to be.

I'm so glad I discovered Row80. I know people have said this before, but it's true - no one knows the ups, downs, frustrations, and joys of writing like other writers. Let's face it - if we tried to talk about some of this to Muggles, we'd probably be locked up (for our own protection, of course) and forcibly medicated.

I used the word "Muggles" above because in a very real sense what we do is magic. We create. We produce things of out thin air. Houdini himself couldn't do this.

Doesn't it make you want to dash to the keyboard right now? It does me.

See you there!

2 comments:

alberta ross said...

I agree about ROW80 - it is a comfort knowing others actually understand the problems - keep smiling

DarkWyvern said...

hehe Muggles, that's an interesting way of looking at it. I know that if I talk to any of my family about writing, their eyes instantly glaze over. Good luck for next round :)