Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Creativity is Bipolar

It's true - creativity really is bipolar. At least, it sure seems to be. No sooner had I written my last blog post about how difficult it was to write, blah, blah, blah, then wham! I get hit with a case of diarhhea of the fingers. I haven't been able to stop. It just gets aggravating when I have to do something else. Like work.

On with the Story Engineering quest. I've left the "what if" questions, and I've moved on to the characterization of my protagonist, Dr. Hayleigh Cameron, Egyptologist, epileptic, caffeine-addict and witch. I'm finding out lots of interesting things about her and her background. It makes me never want to put down the pencil.

Literally, I can't type any more on this. I have to get back to the story.

I hope everyone is doing well, and I'll see you on Sunday. Maybe I'll be on to my antagonist by then. Let me tell you - he's a beaut!

Talk to you soon...

Lara

3 comments:

Elizabeth Anne Mitchell said...

Oh, I hear you! One drags across the Sahara of no writing to fall into a stream that happily pounds us while sweeping us through the landscape.

I have had characters wake me up to talk. Seriously?

Have fun with your protag and I can't wait to hear about the antag!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear your dry spell has cleared up. Don't stop now... spit out every last word your fingers can handle before the stream dries up.

Wishing you the best of luck!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the writing "dearth" has left the room. I so agree how writing a thought because it was so prevalent seems to dissipate its effects. Amazing. Wish I knew how to harness that as I suspect it is key to writing as well as to life. Hope this last week of ROW 80 treats you well.

Karen