Sunday, January 27, 2013

Today I'm a Babbling Idiot

Yup. It's true. Babbling. Completely. Know why? It's because I haven't really slept in two days. It's because vampires are real.

I'm sure if you, dear reader, live in the world of acceptable reality, you're probably thinking, "Huh?" Read on, and I will enlighten you.

I may have mentioned in previous posts about my odd upstairs neighbors. They sleep all day, with the blinds tightly closed. They only surface after dark. And, just before dawn, there is always a crashing around upstairs and the sounds of dragging furniture around. Hmm. Coffins?

They tend to do their "living" at night. In fact, Friday night, after spending most of their "day" outside on the porch sharing the dark (very loudly) with friends, they decided to call it a day. At approximately 5:45 a.m. About 15 minutes before my alarm went off. This semester, I teach two math classes on Saturday. Beginning in the early morning. I went out on my patio and I let them know that I really enjoyed their conversation, but it was time for me to get up and go to work now. As an afterthought, I added that I also appreciated the fact that they kept me from having to use my alarm clock that day. It was very thoughtful on their part. Yeah. Right.

Repeat last night.

I love coffee. A lot. I've been mainlining it for the past couple of days. Hence, the babbling today.

Goals:

I'm changing my writing goals because I made a great discovery in Scrivener. Now, I'm sure it's evident to anyone who's even remotely competent in it. But I just figured out how, when in the corkboard view, to add things in between the cards to facilitate plotting. This is making my life SO much easier. Therefore...I'm changing my writing goal to simply finishing a very detailed plotting of "Immortal Blood." Any writing that comes from that will be a bonus.

I also have to add studying for my teaching certification exams. I've got to take three, and I've got to have them done by the end of June. So that's going to take time away from writing. Unfortunately. Teaching math is going to be my ticket out of Florida back to the land of cold and snow. Yeah!

See you all Wednesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have had neighbours like that. They make you wish they were vampires so you could righteously drive a stake into them and keep them quiet! I hope they respond to requests to be quiet... or a visit or two from the local Constabulary if hints do not work. You can also threaten to take them to the landlord / body corporate. That has been known to work around here.

It's unfortunate that you're about to be hijacked by exams, however, it sounds like a great long term plan to get you where you want to go. Good luck! I hope you manage to squeeze some writing in where you are able. I love Scrivener as it allows you to make notes and spin things around as needed. One of the best programs ever invented!

Good luck, sleep in peace and I'll look forward to your next update. If desperate, try sprinkling salt around. Apparently vampires are very OCD and have to stop and count every grain. That will keep them occupied. ;-)

Cheers!