Sunday, October 14, 2012

I've Made a Decision

Greetings, everyone. Here's a rundown on how I've been getting on...

1. Exercise. Not the best. I've just done some gentle walking because of my back. It's been feeling much better over the past couple of days, though, so I reactivated my gym membership yesterday and I'm hoping to go back and start swimming in the next couple of days.

2. Writing. To my disgust, it also hasn't been that great. That's because I had to make a choice to take on a couple of private tutoring assignments that turned into more than just a few hours of work. It was lucrative (over $300) but took a lot of time that I would otherwise spend on writing. That finished yesterday, so I'm back on track. I think.

3. Planning. My planning is coming along slightly, but just in my head. I decided that my heroine has to die at the climax of my book. She has to be the one to take the ultimate risk, and in order to be successful, she has to die. The plot won't be satisfied otherwise. That was a really hard decision to make, but I feel better about the direction of the story, so I guess it's worth it.

4. I've made a decision about NaNo. I find I work better if I can flip between two projects, so I'm going to be working on a contemporary suspense (nope, no paranormal elements here!) called "Broken." I'm having a great time with it so far. Lots of death, pain, and viciousness - but none undeserved. Except that foisted onto the victims. It's okay, I promise. They'll get their revenge. Le Comte du Monte Cristo would be proud.

How's everyone else doing?

4 comments:

J.R. Pearse Nelson said...

Life comes up. At least you made some cash. :)
Now that you know what you're up to, good luck with your prep for November.

Ruth Nestvold said...

Sounds like you're making progress, even though job opportunities left you less time than you would have liked. That's one of the reasons I like to emphasize weekly rather than daily goals.

Good luck on NaNo!

Laura said...

Life happens. :)

Good luck for the coming week and with NaNo. I'm doing it too.
x

Jae said...

Agreed with the other sentiments here. Life happens. But planning counts as time spent on writing. We've got to have at least a vague idea of where we're going with our story, right?

Good luck with NaNo! Sounds like fun :D